Sunday, December 23, 2018

Ricoh GR II presets with TAv 2.8

I have been using My1, My2 and My3 for Sunny, Overcast and Night settings and until recently in aperture priority TAv mode I set apertures to 11, 4 and 2.8 respectively. The camera struggled in sunny and overcast days, setting shutter speeds too low in some low light conditions, most noteably dynamic range was narrow resulting in dullness and lack of depth.

I now use 2.8 across the board. I noticed this gave me a better image quality and dynamic range.

Settings:

  • Mode: F 2.8 TAv
  • Focus: Pinpoint AF
  • Snap Focus Distance: 5m
  • Full Press Snap: On
  • White Balance: Outdoors
  • ISO Setting: Auto-HI
  • ISO Auto-High Settings
    • Maximum ISO: ISO 200
    • Minimum ISO: ISO 100
  • Dynamic Range Compensation: Off
Note: none of the images have post-processing except the 1st one has Clear View Plus.





In this picture I experimented with manual subject tracking. The motorcycle was speeding and had just started breaking, still moving. I was moving my camera along with it really fast. Yet Snap Focus at 5m worked remarkably well. The man and the motorcycle was in focus and sharp. The distance seems longer than 5m, but that is an illusion of 28mm wide angle lens.




New lens testing

 I asked ChatGPT4o this question: How do I test the new lens against manufacturing faults? Suggest practical methods I can try.  ChatGPT4o a...