Friday, December 28, 2018

Candid moments

In this photographic moment two stilt-walkers had just discovered me trying to take their picture. The walker in the front asked me if I was after recording a video or taking a photo. I said I was just taking pictures. After that they posed for me and I took several more pictures.

Despite those later pictures were better compositions structure-wise, ie. no half figures hanging around edges, they were not interesting, hence for me they were not better pictures.

In this first photograph however there is a tourist half cut on the right side. It is not a good composition according to book. But this is a damn good picture, because it captured a candid moment, a real story, as opposed to framing a staged moment, a fake story.

For me Street Photography is about capturing candid moments. It is these kind of photographs I would like to shoot.


New lens testing

 I asked ChatGPT4o this question: How do I test the new lens against manufacturing faults? Suggest practical methods I can try.  ChatGPT4o a...