Friday, December 21, 2018

Don’t underestimate iPhone’s camera

Xmas is here. I was in the city without a camera except my iPhone’s. The train platform of the underground Wynyard station had strong ambient light. Just moments ago I had shot a photo of an advertisement post on the other side of tracks. 

Suddenly I saw this man with his loud Xmas party outfit, standing and browsing his mobile. Black and white ad panel was slightly underexposed in the background and there was perfect spot light coming from behind my subject. I was excited, as I positioned myself for the rule of thirds. Then boom. I got it. Several shots followed just to be at the safe side. 

As the saying goes “the best camera is the one that's with you”. iPhone in this case worked perfectly well. 


Under right conditions iPhone 7+ camera is quite snappy and unlike stand alone cameras you don’t grab much attention while taking pictures with it, because every other person is doing the same around you. 

Here is another picture from a pedestrian bridge in the city. 


New lens testing

 I asked ChatGPT4o this question: How do I test the new lens against manufacturing faults? Suggest practical methods I can try.  ChatGPT4o a...